I am here to make your day.
I have a recipe for you that will allow you to have pizza EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK without consuming an outrageous number of calories.
This pizza could probably serve 2, but I’m going to call it a single serving since I ate it all myself. As it’s made from VEGETABLES it would be silly not to eat the whole thing (got to make sure you’re getting your 5 a day)!
I’ve attempted to make this pizza a few times and I think I’ve nailed it with this recipe. It’s chewy, packed full of flavour and can be picked up like a good pizza slice should be.
I mean… does this look healthy to you?
Pizza Base Recipe:
♥ 1 small cauliflower head
♥ 2 tbsp almond meal
♥ 1 egg
♥ 2-4 tbsp grated parmesan
♥ 1 tsp garlic powder
♥ Small bunch of basil (or to taste)
♥ 1/4tsp oregano (or to taste)
♥ Pinch of salt and pepper (to taste)
Tomato sauce recipe:
♥ Half chopped onion
♥ 2 tbsp tomato puree
♥ 1 can chopped tomatoes
♥ 1 tsp chopped garlic
♥ 1/2 tsp oregano
♥ A few leaves of ripped up basil
♥ Pinch of sugar, salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Put chopped onions and garlic in a pan with olive oil and soften.
2. Add tomato puree to the pan and lightly fry.
3. Add chopped tomatoes along with herbs and spices and leave to simmer whilst the pizza base cooks until reduced.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c.
2. Put your cauliflower in a food processor and blend until rice consistency.
3. Put cauliflower rice into a tea towel and SQUEEZE as hard as you can to get all the liquid out.
4. For a chewier base put the squeezed cauliflower in an oven for 10-12 minutes to dry out a little.
5. Mix all the ingredients together. It should hold together in a ball.
6. On a greased tray or piece of baking parchment shape the dough with your hand into a pizza base shape.
7. Put into the oven for approximately 20 minutes flipping half way through. (If it starts to go too brown cover with foil.)
From vegetable to an italian thin crust and healthy pizza in around 30 minutes!
If you’re craving pizza this hits the spot. The base has SO much flavour because it’s packed with seasoning and herbs. You can add any toppings you like, and since the base is pretty much like eating a vegetable you can go crazy with your toppings, cheese it up!