With this recipe you can enjoy a GIANT portion of nachos all to yourself without any of the guilt, and of course without sacrificing on taste.
…oh did I mention these nachos are packed full of vitamins, antioxidants and are low in calories? Just Google the health benefits of sweet potatoes and you’ll be sold! (If you weren’t already from the word ‘nachos’.)
This recipe is ridiculously simple, even for the inexperienced cook. It does involve some nifty knife work (but you should use a mandoline slicer if you have one.)
♥ 1.5 large sweet potatoes or 2 medium sized sweet potatoes.
♥ Glug of olive oil.
♥ Salt & pepper.
And that’s it!
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 – 200 degrees celsius.
2. Using a large sharp knife thinly slice the sweet potatoes into rounds (2-3mm thick) – Make sure all your slices are the same thickness to ensure they bake evenly. You could also try using a vegetable peeler, however I haven’t tried this so can’t vouch for it!
3. In a large bowl shake up your sweet potato rounds with a glug of olive oil, and then season with a generous amount of salt and pepper (this is the time to add any other herbs and spices you’d like).
4. Place your rounds on baking parchment (do not overlap).
5. Bake for 25 minutes, then turn over and bake for another 15-20 minutes. (it’s important to stay close by as they can be fine one minute and then suddenly burn – I used this time to prepare my salsa, guacamole etc.)
And there you have it! A giant plate of crunchy, loaded, delicious and (believe it or not healthy) nachos.